Thursday, June 23, 2011

I had a whole post written yesterday about how I have no self control and then I magically lost it. At least it wasn't my bar outlines? Still, sadface. Hopefully I will be able to resurrect it this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy a super awesome bulletpoint list of my very exciting life [please note the sarcasm].

  • I hate bar studying. Seriously. Hate it. You'd think someone who loves color-coding and flashcards as much as I do would jump at a summer to do nothing but that. You'd be wrong
  • My running has been a little hit or miss lately. I'm getting my miles in, but I'm definitely struggling through some of them. I read somewhere that running performance can tend to decrease the week before your Aunt Flo comes to town. I'm going to chalk it up to that? Yeah, that sounds good.
  • I've run more miles this month than any other month since I've started logging my miles. Awesome sauce.
  • My diet sucks lately. Not as in "I'm gaining weight," but more in the "I'm not eating enough and the things I am eating are crappy." I know this, I just can't seem to fix it. It's not necessarily that I don't have time to go grocery shopping, it's that I don't have the inclination. By the time I get home from studying for 10 hours a day, it's just so much easier to order in or eat a random hodgepodge from my fridge. 
  • I'm casually thinking of joining a running club of some sort. I really like the idea of running with other people and I really like the idea of making friends who are runners but I'm not social enough to just meet random people on a running path and trying to be friends with them. So, if you live in LA and you want to run slowly, I'm your girl.
  • I'm in Week 3 of my training for Long Beach Marathon training. I'm super excited. I would love to try to get a half marathon in at some point this summer [after the bar]. Currently taking suggestions for cheap halves in either SoCal or NYC in August/September.
  • I'm getting sick. Or getting over being sick. I haven't quite figured it out. Tuesday night I went to bed with sweaty eyes [aka a fever] and a sick feeling in the back of my throat which makes no sense to anyone but myself. Wednesday I woke up with a baby fever and a sore throat. I spent all day yesterday chugging OJ and Theraflu [nectar of the gods] and soup. By last night, my fever was gone so I hopped on the treadmill for 4 easy miles that felt amazing. No fever today, but a little bit of a sore throat still, so I'm becoming best friends with Vitamin C and "doing work" in bed. And by that I clearly mean "watching 4325 episodes of Hoarders."
What are your favorite sick day activities? Any suggestions for a late summer/early fall half?

No comments: