Sunday, February 20, 2011

Debbie Downer Diets

Finally got the alliteration down, thank you very much. I know you're all impressed.

There was no workout today, hence no workout recap. I spent the morning being truly lazy, convincing Moondoggie to rub my knees and icing. I spent the afternoon learning about determinate sentencing schemes (don't be jealous about how exciting my life is). I've been trying not to be too down about my knee - I've left a message with my doctor to get a referral for a PT and I've been doing an unbelievable amount of research on the internetz re: stretching/rolling/icing/generally fixing my IT Band. Hopefully I can get this taken care of sooner rather than later and be quasi-back on my (running shoe clad) feet. Until then, I'm looking at lots of short slow runs in my future.

One good thing to come out of this weekend was a pretty lovely (and surprising) weight loss. I'm down about 4 pounds since this post. I had suspected said weight loss for a while now, but wanted to see the lower number a few days in a row before making it "official." I've only got about 5-10 pounds to go now, so that's something. Hopefully my decreased mileage won't adversely affect my weight loss. Time for more weights/elliptical/dance classes. It'll be fun to switch things up a little bit, but I'm not convinced anything is quite as effective as running.

Another thing that may or may not have affected my weight loss was my deliciously glorious apple walnut french toast that I inhaled ate at brunch. I'm ok with that, though. Gidget's #1 Rule: Never skimp on brunch.

How do you deal with injuries? Anyone have any awesome weight loss secrets?

No comments: