Friday, February 11, 2011

Victory?

I have kind of a million things going through my head right now ... I believe this calls for some bullet-points!
  • I had a sneaking suspicion that I wasn't really very fast ... that either Henry the Garmin or the dailymile map or both were lying to me, that I was still a 12 min. mile kind of girl. To test this theory, I tried to run fast on the treadmill - and it worked! Mile 1: 10:45. Mile 2: 9:45. Whoa. I think it's time to admit that I might actually be an 11 min. mile girl! [NOTE: I am painfully aware that this is slow to other people. Whatevs. It's blistering fast to me!]
  • Tonight was one of those runs where I just did not want to stop. I ran my 2 miles then hit the cool down button on the treadmill and kept upping the speed because I just didn't want to walk. As long as I was running, I didn't have to think about anything or deal with anything (see previous post about my love of this feeling).
  • I know that exercise produces adrenaline and that's supposed to rev you up, but for me, nothing calms me down quite like running. I feel like I can breathe again and I'm not quite as anxious.
  • Why is it always so hot in the gym? Seriously, Bally's Total Fitness.
  • You should not attempt to run and cry at the same time, you will end up with a side stitch.
I'm so glad I ended up going on this run. While it didn't necessarily heal my heart or solve my problems, it made me feel better (and, truthfully, after the end of my night, it was either this or eating icing out of the can).

Have you ever used running to relieve stress? Does it calm you or just make you more edgy?

No comments: