Saturday, May 28, 2011

Flying Electronics?

Day 2

Ran 4 miles - 45 min., little bit of hamstring/hip tightness

Now that I've decided to run for 40 days in a row [well, 38 now!], I'm hyper aware of the little things that bother me during my runs [like my socks]. Today, my socks were fine, but my entertainment was a bit of an issue. My super awesome fabulous sister got me an iPad for graduation and I'm a little bit obsessed with it. I love watching tv shows while I work out because it makes the time fly, but with my little iPod touch, it's hard on the treadmill. I end up squishing way too close to the display and my stride gets all funky, and it's no bueno. But the iPad is amazing [for other reasons too, but clearly for the keeping me distracted]!

Here's my issue. I'm petrified that I'm going to fling it off the treadmill. I've lost many an mp3 player that way. In fact, I usually buy really cheap non-iPod video players for exactly this reason [the touch was ANOTHER present from my super amazing sister]. I don't know if it's my height or if I move my arms funny or what, but invariably at least once a run, my hands get caught in the headphone cord. Most of the time, I can catch it before it comes tumbling to the ground, but certainly not always. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my cord out of the way and my iPad in working condition?

Also, I had to go to bar class this morning. On a Saturday. During Memorial Day weekend. I should be on a beach somewhere fist pumping and drinking margaritas. Not cool. I came home from the gym and realized I had absolutely nothing to eat. My lunch literally consisted of 2 pickle spears, hummus and bagel chips and a Baby Bell cheese. I don't even have time to be a real person & go grocery shopping ... how I'm going to get my run on for the next 38 days is beyond me.

Double also, I ran in shorts today! This was the longest I've ever run in shorts [chub rub and I have a sordid history]. I was 100% concerned about how I was going to handle marathon training in SoCal in capris, so yay! Thanks, breakup diet!

No comments: